The field of legal studies may offer a variety of courses in most aspects of the legal system. When specializing in legal studies, students can choose from a variety of career options including law, paralegal studies, and legal assistant. While the legal system is large and diversified, it may be difficult to secure a place in a program offering the specific subfield of legal studies that you want to pursue as a career. Because of the abundance of choices for the aspiring legal student, legal studies classes may be a great starting point from which to plan a career and for discovering which field could be most appropriate for you.
Careers as a paralegal, attorney, and legal assistant are all subfields within legal studies.
Browse our Legal Studies schools by State:AL | AB | AZ | BC | CA | CO | CT | DE | DC | FL | GA | HI | ID | IL | IN | IA | KS | KY | LA | ME | MB | MD | MA | MI | MN | MS | MO | NE | NV | NH | NJ | NM | NY | NC | NS | OH | OK | ON | OR | PA | QC | SC | SD | TN | TX | UT | VA | WA | WV | WI
- BS in Legal Support and Services
- MS in Legal Studies
- Undergraduate in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- Master of Public Administration in Law
- Master of Arts in Law - Wealth Management/Financial Planning
- Bachelor of Science in Legal Support and Services
- Master of Science: Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Legal Support and Services - Paralegal Concentration
- And more...
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies
- BS Legal Studies
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Law & Public Policy (Master of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Criminal Justice (Master of Science) - Online
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Legal Studies (BS)
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Paralegal Law
The Berkeley Advantage®is part of a proven approach to career-focused education that can help students prepare for success.
- AAS, Legal Studies
- BS, Legal Studies
While each career varies greatly in many ways, they may all work towards the same goal: preservation of the legal system. Legal studies deals with the prosecution and protection of suspects in the court of law. Attorneys use their knowledge of the legal system and evidence provided by criminal justice professionals to defend their client or prove the guilt of a defendant. Without courts of law, the entire justice system would fall apart and the work of criminal justice professionals would be wasted. With no one to use the evidence gathered and analyzed by crime scene technicians, detectives, and others, the collection of that evidence would be wasted effort. The final stages of the justice system are in the court of law, and legal studies may provide the legal knowledge necessary to preserve the foundations of our legal system.