An important element of the criminal justice system, the law is organized according to established rules of conduct. However, the number and complexity of laws mean that skilled professionals are needed to help others navigate through the law and use the criminal justice system for its intended purpose. These skilled professionals are called lawyers.
Lawyers perform many duties in their role as problem solvers and advocates. They may argue cases in a court of law, research and write legal papers, dispense legal advice, write and negotiate contracts, prosecute and defend suspects, and other tasks. In their work, lawyers may also specialize in certain areas, including international, constitutional, criminal, contract, corporate, tort, and property law.
The study of law is an essential requirement for those who would like to work as lawyers, as is passing your state's bar association exam.
- Master of Arts in Law - Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Law - Non-Profit Management
- Master of Arts in Law - Business Management
- And more...
- BA/Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- MS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security and Emergency Management
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- Law Enforcement Academy (Police) - Bachelor
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind.
- Online Master of Laws in Health Law and Policy
- Criminal Justice Associate Degree
- CERT Criminal Justice (Grad Level)
- MS Criminal Justice
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice