What to Expect From Law Enforcement Training
Law enforcement training is intensive in every capacity. If you are considering entering this field you need to know what to expect from law enforcement training. Here are some of the things that they do to help gear you up to protect and serve:
- You can expect to go through rigorous physical activity to make sure you are fit and meet specific physical requirements. Before you are accepted for training you will have to take a physical to make sure you meet certain criteria. The reason they do that is because it is important to make sure that candidates for law enforcement are physically fit.
- Extensive classroom training is a huge part of law enforcement training. There are so many things that a candidate for law enforcement needs to learn. You need to understand the proper procedures to follow in all situations. It is important to have a pretty thorough understanding of the law and what is legal or not. The purpose of this knowledge is to make a more valuable officer and to protect the officer as well as those they protect and serve.
- Most all agencies require that their candidates go through a psychological evaluation. The reason they do this is to ensure that candidates, at the time of hire, are not suffering from any existing mentally related or stress related conditions. Those conditions have been proven to cloud judgment and cause officer error. For everybody’s protection it is important to make a reasonable attempt to evaluate through a psychological evaluation.
- Information on how to separate your personal life from your life as a law enforcement professional. People in law enforcement have families outside of work and they want those families as protected as possible. Training includes practical information that candidates can use to help ensure their families are protected and not at risk due to the nature of the law enforcement professional’s work.
- Thorough firearms training to learn all the weapons that you may come in contact with. As a professional in law enforcement you will find that you not only have contact with your own weapons but you will encounter others with weapons too. It is important for everybody’s safety to have an understanding of what various weapons are, how to handle them properly, and how to keep those around you safe when you are in an altercation involving weapons.
- You will learn about and understand why it is important to take care of the services that law enforcement has for its workers. There are times when you are going to be facing difficult situations or involved in an altercation that is unsettling. It is important to talk about those situations and not let the situation cloud your logic in the work place or at home.
- During law enforcement training you will learn about opportunities for advancement and what you need to do to take advantage of them. It may often involve furthering your education or else you may just need to meet certain field requirements. Make sure you know what your options are so you can keep having a rewarding career in an area you love.
The training for people who wish to enter law enforcement is extensive, details, and thorough. There is a very good reason for that. Law enforcement officers have a lot of responsibility and need to always take it seriously. They are responsible for protecting society and making good decisions that fall within the boundaries of their authority. If you are ready for a rewarding challenge you should consider law enforcement training.
Schools Offering Law Enforcement Courses:
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs.
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice : Law Enforcement
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Master of Law: International Legal Studies
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Associate Degree
- Legal Studies
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) can help get you from here to a new career!
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Specialized Business
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Criminal Justice, Associate of Science
- Criminal Justice, Diploma
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it.
- Criminal Justice (11-Month Diploma Program)