Earning a Behavioral Science Degree
Behavioral science is one of the most fascinating subjects you can earn a degree in. If you are interested in how humans and animals think, feel, and react to situations this could be the perfect degree for you to consider. Earning a behavior science degree is fun, challenging, and can lead to a rewarding career. Keep reading to find out more details on what is all involved in earning a behavioral science degree.
Definition of Behavioral Science
The definition of behavior science that is found most often is: A science that encompasses all the disciplines that explore the activities of and interactions among organisms in the natural world. This intriguing science plays an intimate role with systematical analysis and/or investigation of both human and animal behavior through experimental observations that are controlled, naturalistic, and involve rigorous formulations.
Behavioral Sciences vs. Social Studies
Social studies and behavioral sciences are often confused with each other. They are connected because they study the systematic processes of behavior. Where they are different though is in the level of scientific analysis that is done on the different behavioral dimensions.
Behavioral sciences are tied to careers in psychology, social neuroscience (also known as psychiatry), and genetics. There are other careers but these are the most popular. Social studies have careers that include things like sociology, economics, history, public health, political science, anthropology, and counseling.
How to Go About Earning a Behavioral Science Degree
Behavioral science degrees are in high demand and there are several choices that you can make for earning your degree. It is important to make the right choice for you when it comes to the type of degree you are seeking and how you wish to attend school. With the technology that is available today and the job opportunities for everybody who decides to further their education you can practically customize your plan for earning a behavioral science degree.
- Investigate both traditional school options and online school choices. Each one has certain benefits. More online schools for obtaining your behavior science degree have shown up in recent years due to the demand of people that want that degree but need to earn it from home.
- Decide if you wish to have a two year, four year, or master’s degree in behavior science. Many options exist and you need to determine which degree will be the most beneficial for you to achieve your career goals.
- Find out if you qualify for financial aid or grants. There is a possibility that you can pay little or close to zero for your education.
Career Opportunities for Behavioral Science
The program you choose to go with will have the largest bearing on what income level you could enter the behavioral science field with. It is only logical that most of the higher degrees do come with higher pay. That is not always the case though. The best way to get the maximum salary for your new degree is to make sure that you have a solid resume, good interview skills, and excellent communication skills.
Earning a degree in behavior sciences will help you start a rewarding career that is interesting each and every day. The projects and studies you work on will be a constant source of inspiration and excitement. The opportunities for people serious about behavioral science degrees are available and amazing. If you have been looking for a change and want to start the journey towards a rewarding career in behavior science there is nothing holding you back. If you have not committed to the exciting journey of earning your degree it is time to make that commitment today.
Schools OfferingBehavioral Science Courses:
- MS in Psychology - Applied Behavior Analysis Specialization
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Behavioral Sciences (BS)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Associate of Arts in General Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- BS - Applied Social Sciences
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs.
- Certificate in Human Services
- MS in Human Services
- Bachelor of Science in Human Services in Youth/Family Services and Administration
- And more...
- Associate of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- BA Sociology
- BA Sociology - Community Health
Judson University School of Leadership and Business Adult and Graduate Programs
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Services
- Master of Arts in Human Services Administration